Sunday, January 14, 2007

Monthly Quilting Group


Greetings Annapolis Quilters! We had our first sewing session yesterday for the Annapolis Chapter of Quilts for Kids at BACC. I somehow didn't remember that Saturday morning was THE Saturday we were scheduled to meet, so I was at home leisurely drinking my coffee until Carolyn called to ask where I was. I had my sewing machine and bins of fabric loaded in my car and on the way the church in about 45 seconds.

I apologize to our new volunteers for the chaos, but it turned out ok. We had several new ladies show up with sewing machines, smiles and willling hands to help out. I met two wonderful ladies from my home state of California, a grandmother brought her grandaughter and started sewing a beautiful planet themed quilt, a gaggle of giggly teen girls were there and started some very nice quilts, and several experienced quilters stopped by to pick up some fabric and see what we were doing. I enjoyed meeting everyone, and from all the laughing and chatting going on in the room I hope everyone will look forward to next month's meeting. At the end of the morning two ladies stopped by from Mariner's Church in Annapolis and we talked about joining efforts! I am so excited!

The next meeting: Saturday Feb 10th 8:00 am till 12:00 pm. You can drop in and out anytime, or stay and sew for the duration.

On another note, Olga and I dropped off a batch of quilts to the Annapolis Lighthouse Shelter last week. Karen, an employee at the Lighthouse is holding one of the quilts for the eight kids staying at the shelter. I received a note from the director later in the week saying that the kids loved them. Our next delivery of quilts will be going to the University of Maryland Pediatric Intensive Care Unit.

Please drop your finished quilts off at the BACC church office, and pick up another batch of fabric there if you need some.

No comments: