What is Project Rudolph?
The goal of Project Rudolph is to provide gift bags for military members transitioning through the airport on days leading up to Christmas, active duty service members who work round the clock to keep the airport running smoothly, injured troops at the hospital, injured warriors at transition barracks, deployed Army, Navy and Marines working in Germany and our deployed troops downrange.
Project Rudolph has continued to grow and expand, providing more than 4,000 gift bags for Christmas 2007!
Our goal for 2008 is 7,000 gift bags.
Our new goal requires more people to be involved.
- 7,000 brown paper lunch bags need to be decorated,
- 21,000 letters need to be written (3 per bag),
- 7,000 ornaments need to be made or purchased, and
- Over 2,500 bags of candy need to be donated.
We hope to involve more communities in this effort through schools, churches, youth groups, clubs, and individual donations. Please help by sharing this information with others so that we may be able to reach our goal. Thousands of lives have been touched through this project. Those receiving, those donating, and those distributing have all had their hearts touched. For some soldiers, this was the only Christmas gift they received!!!
What you can do to help
Many soldiers have said the letters were the most important part of the bag (you can read solider responses on the website).
We need donations of these items.
- Decorated brown paper lunch bags
(use crayons, markers, photos, glitter…)
- Unbreakable, flat ornaments
( 5” across or smaller – no foamies)
- Letters of support
(handwritten only, please see below)
- Bags of individually wrapped candies
- Boxes of brownie and cookie mixes
- Money to cover the cost of shipping