Sunday, January 07, 2007

Sunday Update

The Quilts for Kids table was set up at church this morning and I gave out many bundles of fabric, and ten new volunteers sign up to help. Our group has 40 people now! Not everyone is a sewer or quilter, we also have volunteers to help deliver quilts, coordinate with local businesses and make phone calls. If you just signed up today and you are not sure how to get started, please leave a comment here and I will get back to you.

Everyone is welcome to join us on the second Saturday of the month in room 223 of BACC from 8:00 am to 12:00 for a hands-on quilting workshop. Bring your sewing machines, fabric, supplies and a power strip if you have one. If your are a beginner, Olga will be teaching a beginners class to get you started. I will also have plenty of fabric on hand to get started.

We need to come up with a name for our group, send me some ideas!
We are planning to deliver 8 quilts to the Annapolis Lighthouse Shelter tomorrow evening (Monday January 8th) if anyone wants join us. Please leave a comment if you are interested.
Also this week I will be making a delivery of quilts to the University of Maryland Pediatric Intensive Care Unit. If you have any quilts close to done, please let me know so I can include them in this delivery.