Saturday, June 09, 2007

Tote Bags and More

A beautiful Saturday could not keep our most dedicated quilters away from sewing this morning, Miss Lizzy gets an "A" for perfect attendance! :)

(Photo) Lin's Grandaughter holds a quilt she helped make for the Franklin Square NICU. Lin has been very busy making several more soft flannel and fleece baby quilts!

We missed the ladies who could not make it today, but hopefully we will see you very soon. Betty and I were chatting today and we came up with a fun idea that will involve all of our volunteers.

Before we meet again next month (July) everyone dig into their scraps of fabric and create a 12 x 12 inch block--anything goes, any color, any pattern. We'll sew them all together and make a crazy and colorful quilt from all of us.

A couple of months ago Betty, Nancy and I put together a group effort quilt in just a couple of hours at a Saturday workshop. It turned out very nice--except I was so busy chatting with the ladies, I put the binding on before doing the qulting that day. Betty spent some time this morning chatting with Melinda and I about a film class, while she snipped away at the binding, so she could quilt it without a bunch of tucks and wrinkles.

About the tote bags-- I would like to wrap up the tote bag project and possibly have them ready to distriute by the weekend of or prior to the 4th of July. Don't know if that is possible, but I thought we could try! I would like to get all of us together again (Women's Ministry and the quilters) maybe on a Friday evening or a Saturday morning at BACC and finish sewing tote bags. I thought 4th of July would be a great target date to say thank you to our soldiers, and give families at BACC an opportunity to reach out and say thank you in a personal way. Please send me an email if you would like to help!

Thanks for all the wonderful hard work ladies, each one of the quilts is a work of art that will be loved and appreciated. We are ready to make a delivery very soon, I will anounce here when I arrange a time and day with Mt. Washington Pediatrics.

No comments: